- Thursday, May 22, 2014, 7:30 PM: Church Choir at in the Parlor.
- Friday, May 23 and Saturday, May 24, 2014, 7:00 PM: iSing GirlChoir Concerts: ” Grow Together,” in the Sanctuary. For more information: www.isingsv.com.
- SUNDAY, MAY 25, 2014
10:00 AM Worship and Sunday School: “Accounting for Hope,” Pastor Rick preaching.11:30 AM Adult Spiritual Formation: Cultivating Joy in the Midst of Manufactured Desire – our series with Phil Kenneson’s book, Life on the Vine continues with a conversation about how many of our public conversations begin with the assumption of scarcity. What if, on the other hand, we started with the virtue of joy? What if our first assumption was simply to be joyful in what we have? We already have all we need to do the work to which God calls us.
- Tuesday, May 27, 2014, 10:30 AM: Bible Study at the Terracesof Los Altos at Janet Maxwell’s apartment. The address is 373 Pine Lane,#2106, Los Altos. Let Pastor Rick know if you need transportation.
- Sunday, June 1, 2014, Children and Youth Sunday
10:00 AM, Worship for the whole family: This will be a special day in the life of our congregation. The children and youth of the church will lead us in worship. Graduating high school senior, Oscar Ramirez will be our preacher. Together we will remember what it means to be baptized and how that shapes how we live in the world.
11:30 AM, Special Business Meeting to take action on the Renewal Proposal.
- Friday June 6, 2014, 6:00 PM: All Church Cookout to celebrate Pastor Tripp and his ministry with us. Hamburgers, hot dogs, buns, condiments, beverage and dessert furnished. Please bring salads and side dishes to share.
- Sunday, June 8, 2014, Pentecost:
10:00 AM, Worship for the whole family: Pastor Tripp preaching. This will be Pastor Tripp’s last Sunday as our Minister of Faith Formation and Family Life. We will celebrate his ministry and wish him well in his new role as Director of Admissions for the American Baptist Seminary of the West. Everyone is invited to wear something red to honor the day.
11:30 Am: Adult Spiritual Formation : Canon, Scripture, And Word of God: Over the three Sundays in June – 8, 15 and 22 –Corinna Guerrero will address each of the above concepts. We start off with a little church history, but end in a call to advocacy. We hope you’ll join us.