- FBC BIBLE STUDY is held on Tuesdays at 10:30 AM at the Terraces of Los Altos at Marylea McLean’s apartment, 373 Pine Lane, #4204, Los Altos. Let Pastor Rick know if you need transportation.
- MEDITATION GROUP, Every Wednesday at 10:30 AM, led by Charlotte Jackson, at Thelma Parodi’s house, 543 South El Monte Avenue, Los Altos.
- MEN’S BREAKFAST, Every first and third Wednesday at 8:30 AM, at Palo Alto Breakfast House, 2706 Middlefield, Palo Alto. All the men from our Church family are welcome.
- QUARTERLY BUSINESS MEETING, Sunday, May 1st, 11:30 PM, Parlor.
- CONGREGATIONAL LIFE TASK MEETING, Friday, May 6th, 1 PM, Parlor.
- CHURCH WORK DAY, Saturday, May 14th, First Baptist Church.
- FINANCE MEETING, Sunday, May 15th, 12:30 PM, Parlor.
- CHURCH COUNCIL MEETING, Sunday, May 15th, 7 PM, Parlor.
- WOMEN’S BRUNCH, Thursday, May 26th, 11:30 AM, at Dinah’s Poolside Restaurant, 4261 El Camino Real, Palo Alto. All women of our church community are invited to join in.
- HUNTINGTON’S SUPPORT GROUP, Tuesday, May 10th, 7 PM, Parlor.
- RESOUNDING ACHORD Concert, Sunday, May 15th, 2 PM, Sanctuary.
- SENIOR CONNECTIONS
The Senior Connections events in May are:
The PRIME TIMERS Concert Series at First Presbyterian is May 10th. This month features the Music for Woodwind Quintet, featuring flutist Jenny Hunt. Brown bag lunch first, followed by the concert. 1140 Cowper Street, Palo Alto (650-325-5659)
The Book Club at First Baptist is May 19th in the church Parlor. This month we will be reading and discussing GHETTO: The Invention of a Place, the History of an Idea, by Mitchell Duneier. The author traces the idea of the ghetto from its beginnings in the sixteenth century and its revival by the Nazis to the present. As Duneier shows, we cannot understand the entanglements of race, poverty, and place in America today without recalling the history of the ghetto in Europe. Brown Bag Lunch (beverage will be provided). 305 North California Avenue, Palo Alto (650-327-0561)
All sessions will begin at Noon and will conclude by 1:30.
Anyone from our faith communities is invited and encouraged to participate.