- Saturday, November 30, 9:00 AM: Hanging the Greens
We will decorate the church for the Advent to Epiphany season. There will be activities for all ages. Coffee, juice, fruit, doughnuts for extra enticement. Help make our Advent to Epiphany Worship Brainstorming a technicolor reality.
- Sunday, December 1,10:00 AM: Worship for the whole family
Let Us Build a House where Love Can Dwell and Safely Live,” Pastor Tripp preaching.
11:30 AM: Adult Spiritual Formation
Moods of Christmas, from the writing of Howard Thurman, led by Pastor Rick.
- Tuesday, December 3, 10:30 AM: Bible Study
at the Terraces of Los Altos at Janet Maxwell’s apartment.
The address is 373 Pine Lane, #2106, Los Altos. Let Pastor Rick know if you need transportation.
- Wednesday, December 4, 8:00 AM: Men’s Breakfast
at Hobee’s Restaurant, 4224 El Camino Real, Palo Alto. All the men from our Church family are welcome.
- CHURCH CHOIR Thursday, November 21 at 7:30 PM in the Parlor.
All are welcome to join in song (and fun).
- WOMENʹS BRUNCH will be Thursday, November 21 (not 28) at 10 AM at Hobee’s Restaurant, 4224 El Camino Real, Palo Alto. All women of our church community are invited. Please join us.
- GRATITUDE POTLUCK, Friday November 22 at 6:00 PM for folk of all ages in the Fellowship Hall. Join us for an intergenerational potluck dinner and celebration of all for which we have to be grateful. Bring a dish to share. You may also bring turkeys and canned food for Ecumenical Hunger Program that evening. Invite a friend, family member, colleague, neighbor or stranger to join us in this time of celebration!
- “FOUND FAITHFUL, IN LITTLE, WITH MUCH, WITH ALL” – STEWARDSHIP SUNDAY, November 24, 10:00 AM. We will bring our 2013 pledges as well as our food offerings for EHP as part of a service of thanksgiving. 10:00 a.m. Worship: Made Strong & Sunday School for Children and Youth. 11:30 a.m. Adult Spiritual Formation: Contemplation of the book, Pastrix by Nadia Bolz-Weber, led by Pastor Tripp. Rev. Bolz-Weber is a Lutheran pastor in Denver, CO. Her memoir is capturing the attention of many. It is a New York Times bestselling spiritual memoir. Some suggest hers is a voice for our present time. Copies are available. (Note: the book contains adult language.)
- BIBLE STUDY, Tuesday, November 26, 10:30 AM at the Terraces of Los Altos at Janet Maxwell’s apartment. The address is 373 Pine Lane, #2106, Los Altos. Let Pastor Rick know if you need transportation.
- INTERFAITH THANKSGIVING SERVICE, Tuesday, November 26, 7:30 PM in our sanctuary. This year’s theme is “Pathways to a Grateful Heart: Inspiring Each Other to Expressions of Gratitude.” If you can help with the reception afterward, please let Pastor Rick know. We could use help with set up, clean up and refreshments to share.