This is a new program for seniors involving First Baptist, First and Covenant Presbyterian and University AME Zion. We will be offering three events for seniors (50+) each month:
- The Second Tuesday will be at First Presbyterian and will feature a music program.
- The Third Thursday will be a book club at First Baptist.
- The Fourth Wednesday will be at Covenant and feature a variety of presentations of specific interest to seniors.
Anyone from our faith communities is invited and encouraged to participate.
All sessions will begin at Noon and will conclude by 1:30:
- Tuesday, September 8, Noon, Concert.
Brown Bag Lunch.
This concert will feature Bay Area percussionist James Deitz who will perform solo works by Sierra, Lauridsen, Reich, Deitz, & Aperghis. James is an accomplished musician with degrees from the Curtis Institute of Music and the Yale School of Music. He has performed with the Philadelphia Orchestra and at Carnegie Hall and presently teaches at the Pacific Union College and plays for the Berkeley Community Chorus and Orchestra. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to hear a great musician on a variety of percussion instruments!
First Presbyterian Church, 1140 Cowper Street, Palo Alto
- Thursday, September 17, Noon, Book Club.
Brown Bag Lunch (beverage will be provided).
At our first meeting, we will create a booklist for the rest of the year. Come prepared with your suggestions for books you’ve been wanting to read. Invite your friends and neighbors.
First Baptist Church, 305 North California Avenue, Palo Alto
- Tuesday, September 22, Noon, Musical Memories.
John Lehman, creator of Senior New Ways, leads the program.
Covenant Presbyterian Church, 670 East Meadow Drive, Palo Alto