Our Joys and Concerns for this week include:
- Birthday joys for Clara Ramirez (August 12) and Alex Spiridon (August 13)
- Carolyn Shepard with gratitude for a good visit with her brother, sister and families.
- Lynn Hunwick who was pleased to see Charlie Aker in church and noted the work he does to help feed the world
- Charlie Clark, thankful to God and others that he was able to contact an old friend in Portland with whom he’d lost touch
- Lois Ville for the family and friends of her long time neighbor, Tony, who died last week.
- Melanie Ramirez for her mother and two of her grandchildren on a trip to Santa Fe
- Pastor Gregory for all the trans people who have recently been in the political limelight for their queerness
- For all of us living under with nuclear threat, especially in this week in which we remember the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- For our church in this time of turmoil with City permitting
- For the family and friends of David Bartlett as he continues to live with the effects of a severe stroke
- For Chris Wade (the attorney who has been helping the church) who was injured in a riding accident and is now recovering at home
- For Susan Gillies, former ABC-USA Interim General Secretary, with health concerns
- For Tripp Fuller, who was recently terminated from his position in Los Angeles and for his family as they return to North Carolina