- Wednesday, May 11, 10:30 AM: Meditation Group at Thelma Parodi’s house, 543 South El Monte Avenue, Los Altos. All are welcome.
- Thursday, May 12, No Church Choir this week. We will resume on Thursday, May 19, 7:30 PM, in the Parlor.
- Saturday, May 14, 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM: Church Work Day (Lunch provided), Please join us in spring cleaning around the church facilities. There will be a variety of tasks with different demands. We will find something for all helping hands. Come for all or part of the scheduled time. Everyone welcome.
- Sunday, May 15, Pentecost Sunday
10:00 AM: Worship and Sunday School:
“Blessed are the Peacemakers: The Spirit Breathes Peace,” Psalm 85:8-13; Acts 2:43-47; Galatians 5:16-22, Rick Mixon preaching
11:30 AM: Adult Spiritual Formation: “Blessed are the Peacemakers: When Did We See You in Prison? Breaking Social and Structural Injustice. We will explore the theme for this year’s BPFNA/Bautistas por la Paz “Peace Camp.” Church Parlor.
- Sunday, May 15, 12:30 PM: Finance Meeting in the Parlor
- Sunday, May 15, 4:00 PM: Resounding Achord concert, “Raising Voices” in the sanctuary. See info.
- Tuesday, May 17, 10:30 AM: Bible Study at Marylea McLean’s apartment, 373 Pine Lane, #4204, Los Altos.
- Wednesday, May 18, 8:30 AM: Men’s Breakfast at Palo Alto Breakfast House, 2706 Middlefield, Palo Alto. All the men from our Church family are welcome
- Wednesday, May 18, 7:00 PM: Church Council in the Parlor
- Thursday, May 19, 12:00 Noon: Senior Connections Book Group in the church Parlor. This month we will be reading and discussing Ghetto: The Invention of a Place, the History of an Idea, by Mitchell Duneier. The author traces the idea of the ghetto from its beginnings in the sixteenth century and its revival by the Nazis to the present. As Duneier shows, we cannot understand the entanglements of race, poverty, and place in America today without recalling the history of the ghetto in Europe.. Brown Bag Lunch (beverage will be provided).
- Sunday, May 22, Second Sunday in Pentecost
10:00 AM: Worship and Sunday School
“Blessed are the Peacemakers: The Things that Make for Peace,” Psalm 33; Isaiah 11:6-9; Luke 19:41-44; Ephesians 6:1-18, Rick Mixon preaching.
11:30 AM: Adult Spiritual Formation in the Parlor. “Blessed are the Peacemakers: Report from Nicaragua,” featuring representatives from United Campus Christian Ministry, Stanford
- Monday, May 23, SPIRE DEADLINE
- Thursday, May 26, 11:30 AM: Women’s Brunch at Dinah’s Poolside Restaurant, 4261 El Camino Real, Palo Alto. All women of our church community are invited to join in.