Our Special Offering this month will be directed to support the work of the Correctional Institutions Chaplaincy of Santa Clara County (C.I.C.) C.I.C. is a non-profit corporation founded in 1962 that operates with the local governmental agencies involved with corrections work. The ministry works directly with the men, women, boys and
girls incarcerated in our county jails and juvenile facilities.
Every day CIC touches hundreds of men, women, boys, and girls in county jails and juvenile facilities. The chaplains are your missionaries to go behind those bars and fences. They go where others fear to go or cannot go, bringing a redemptive message of hope, forgiveness, and Christ’s love to angry, frustrated, hurting, and rejected people. (Their) primary mission is to minister to individual needs and present the “Good News” of the gospel of Jesus Christ to all who will listen. Lives are changed as inmates, young and old, respond to and accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord.
Some Basic Facts about
Correctional Institutions Chaplaincy of Santa Clara County in 2013
(provided by Chaplian David Robinson, Director)
- More than 2500 worship services in English, Spanish and Vietnamese, with nearly 30,000 inmates and youth attending.
- More than 450 pastors connected with their parishioners.
- More than 13,000 youth and adults seen for pastoral counseling, study and prayer.
- More than 250 inmates notified of family deaths and given greif counseling.
- More than 650 cases of books and Bibles donated and distributed.
- More than 1000 inmates counseled and referred to the faith re-entry network.
The funding for this ministry comes from Santa Clara County, individuals, and through the support of churches such as ours. Just as Jesus ministered to those in prison, we can do likewise with our financial giving. “I was in prison, and you visited me.” Matthew 25:36b.
Please give generously to reach our goal of $500.